On March 17th, join family and friends of Gene Wolfe at the Sanfilippo Estate in Barrington Hills as the Chicago Literary Hall of Fame honors him with the first “Fuller Award” acknowledging an outstanding lifetime contribution to literature.
Neil Gaiman, Peter Straub, Michael Dirda, Luis Urrea, Michael Swanwick, Patrick O’Leary, and Audrey Niffenegger are just a few of the many luminaries set to pay tribute to the writer whose body of work, including the Chicago-set Free Live Free, distinguishes him as one of our city’s finest literary treasures. (We will be updating the list as we get confirmation from additional Special Guests.)
Experiencing the treasures of the Sanfilippo Estate in Barrington Hills usually requires a personal invitation. However, on March 17 the estate will open its doors to honor Gene Wolfe.
Tickets are limited, and none will be sold at the door. Discounted tickets are available for CWA and Cliff Dweller members.
- ecrid likes this
- jiaoart likes this
- cammypam reblogged this from neil-gaiman
- practicedindifference reblogged this from neil-gaiman and added:
- pilgrim--soul likes this
- a-brilliant-loser likes this
- almostnormal-ish likes this
- sprackraptor reblogged this from neil-gaiman and added:
- saysann likes this
- patj likes this
- aelphabathropp reblogged this from neil-gaiman
- thefabulouswalrus likes this
- thedancingtoast likes this
- xentak likes this
- strangeasanjles reblogged this from neil-gaiman and added:
- awesomethingsaregoodforyou likes this
- selkie-heart likes this
- neil-gaiman reblogged this from valya-dudycz-lupescu
- valya-dudycz-lupescu posted this